Home

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Color Club "Back To Boho" Collection - Part 1

I have something a little different to share with you tonight. Recently, as in the past 2 months, I picked up both Color Club "Back To Boho" sets at, you guessed it, Winners. I am a complete and total sucker for Color Club sets - I can never walk away from them. Anyway, I wanted to swatch all the polishes and share them with you, but the idea of swatching 12 polishes seemed really daunting and I didn't want to post this in six months time when they were "old news" so to speak. I decided on grouping them in 3 categories: neutral/browns, red/purple/navy and shades of green. 

The first four I have for you are Nouveau Vintage, Boho Mojo, Earthy Angel, Nomadic Nude. Let's take a peek.

 From L to R: Nouveau Vintage, Boho Mojo, Earthy Angel, Nomadic Nude
 From L to R: Nouveau Vintage, Boho Mojo, Earthy Angel, Nomadic Nude

I used 3 coats for all polishes, but Nouveau Vintage really only needed 2 coats to be opaque. Boho Mojo was the WORST polish to apply. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't keep the streaks away. Stupid frosty polishes ... I know many others had the same issue. Bah.

There has been some debate about Earthy Angel: some think it's the ugliest shade ever whereas others like the unique neutral shade. Personally, I'm really into neutral polishes lately and really like the unique shade of the polish. It is warm without being too orange, yet has a greyed out base. One thumb up for Earthy Angel. Nomadic nude was another polish I enjoyed that I wasn't sure of at first. Like I said, I'm diggin' the whole neutral polish so again, another thumb up for that.

As for application, everyone was perfect except for Boho Mojo. They self-leveled and were very rich after the third coat. I may have switched from a compulsive 2 coater to a 3 coater - that extra layer really adds something to the finished effect.

Nouveau Vintage the winner out of these 4 shades, hands down. It is the most unique out of all 12 polishes, in my opinion. It consists of a deep reddish brown with a bronze/gold shimmer that has a duo chrome like effect and turns green at some angles. I couldn't quite capture it in my photo's, but it's there and let me tell you - it's beautiful!

Are neutrals your thing or do you prefer vampy/brights, etc?

5 comments:

  1. I have this whole collection! I've been meaning to post this for... a while... oops. I really like Nouveau Vintage and the other two nudes (I love nudes) but Boho Mojo is just bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read somewhere that streaky frosty finishes can be remedied by sponging on the last coat. I haven't tried it though, so I can't vouch for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love color club! These colors look AMAZING! Can't get enough of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with some of the polishes of this collection, so I can't wait to see the other swatched too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with Nouveau Vintage! It's so alluring =) Very nice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!