Home

Monday, March 12, 2012

Blue Monday: Watermarbling Edition

Last summer I attempted watermarbling and it was a huge fail. I tried it again about a week ago and, in my opinion, it was a success. I can't wait to try this out with different colours soon.

I forgot to take pictures until after the second full day of wear so please excuse the chipped polish on my pinky finger.



I started with a base coat of OPI No Room For The Blues and then did my watermarbling with that polish and OPI Sunbody Loves Me (pictured above) and then a coat of Seche Vite.

I find that, as with most things, practice makes perfect - I'm very much looking forward to trying this again when I have some spare time. (This took me just under an hour to do ... I had a lot of clean up to do, I forgot to use tape, gah.)

Have you tried watermarbling? Fail or success?

8 comments:

  1. Keep trying! I found it works best with soft water so if you have hard water filter it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried. It's hard! This one looks really pretty though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I just don't seem to be able to master water marbling which is annoying because its so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I tried it once and it was a huge fail too. Maybe I'll try again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This came out so cool..... I hv done water marble once.. not so great, need to try it again

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these colors together!! Your marbling looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE water marbling. i've only attempted it twice but it turned out to be fun. i have both posts on my page if you want to see :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!