Home

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

HAUL: I've Been A Bad Girl


I was planning on doing a monthly haul post to show what goodies I picked up during the month, however it is June 5th and I already have almost 50 polishes for this month alone. AAAAK. I'm on an extreme "low-buy" (let's face it - I simply do not have the will power to do a "no-buy") for the rest of this month. That being said, my birthday is in July so I can make myself feel better by thinking they're early birthday gifts to myself. That, and the fact that I got almost all of these polishes for 50% off! :)

Also, a sidenote because I feel it's important: this post is in no way, shape or form me bragging. I work hard for my money and this is how I choose to spend it. Polish is my hobby, my indulgence. I am very fortunate to be able to have the things I have - I do not take it lightly or for granted.

That disclaimer is for any possible hate that might be generated by this blog post. I truly hope there will be none.

Okay, let's indulge! :)

*

 Overview Shot of Everything
(L-R)
Borghese Borghese Capri Coral & Espresso Brown
Del Sol Trick-or-Treat (turns black in sunlight)
Sally Hansen Black Tie & No Hard Feelings

(L-R)
Revlon Get Reddy, Minted & Red Hot Tamale
Quo by Orly Orange Pop & Steel Heart (Canadian brand)

(L-R)
China Glaze Champagne Bubbles, Hook And Line,
Luxe And Lush, Mahogany Magic, Poinsettia, Twinkle Lights

 (L-R)
OPI Bronzed To Perfection, Divine Swine,
Gettin' Miss Piggy With It, Pepes Purple Passion

(L-R)
Icing Cherry Blossom, Pampered & Primped
Rave Royalty, Text Me Later

 (L-R)
Orly AFter Party, Bubbly Bombshell, Butterflies,
Crawfords Wine, Ruby, Spark, Swizzle Stick

(L-R)
L'oreal Boozy Bruch, Butterfly Kisses, Check Me Out,
Eiffel For You, Greycian Goddess, Penthouse Pink,
Stroke Of Midnight, Sweet Nothings, Tangerine Crush,
Violet Vixen, Walk On The Beach, Wishful Pinking

If you're counting, that's 44 bottles of polish. The mini bottle you see in the very front of the first picture is a mini sample size of Poshe quick dry top coat that I got as a free sample with my Sally's purchase. Woot. Free samples?! I'm all over that!

I found the OPI's on clearance for $4.99 and the newly released L'oreal's I found on sale for 50% off at $3.99 a pop. Most of the Orly's I purchased for $3.99 as well, on clearance. Same goes with the Icing: $2.49 for those. Three of the China Glaze (the holiday ones) I found in a 3-pack for $3.99 - unreal, right?! I was ECSTATIC.

If there is anything that you would like to see swatches and/or fun mani's with, let me know in the comments. Any requests in the comments or emails, I try to do within a week or two so never hesitate to ask! I love making my readers happy. :)

- A Polished Touch

37 comments:

  1. SHARE YOU SHOPPING SECRETS! I seem to NEVER find anything on sale, ever. haha.

    Also, I just now found out about the little nail booth at Mic Mac. Things aren't cheap, but I had no idea it was there.. I guess I hadn't gone to that mall in over a month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go to the basic places. All the drugstores, Sally's, Claire's, Icing and Winners. I go to all of them about once a week. :)

      I checked the nail booth out and although it's great for some things that may be hard to find, it's super expensive.

      Delete
  2. Awwww great haul! You're so lucky to get those polishes for such little money! I'm soooo jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul! I seriously almost bought Pampered and Primped from Icing! But there was a color I wanted a tad more, so I put it back. I'm definitely getting it next time for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GET IT! Sooo pretty. I did a mani using all the Icing polishes I got in my haul and it's stunning.

      Delete
  4. I actually got a 3-pack of full size China Glaze polishes for a total of $3.99! (plus tax) It equals to about $1.53 each.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found a bunch of the holiday China Glaze on clearance too...I was in heaven! I've been bad this month already too(maybe not *this* bad) I believe my total is somewhere at 23 for the week :/ It makes us happy, right?
    PS When is your birthday? Mine is July 13th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're almost birthday twins, mine's the 12th! :)
      I love that you're "bad" too. It does make me happy.

      Delete
    2. Yay! I knew there was a reason we 'clicked' ;-) Cancerians for the win!

      Delete
  6. Wow!!! These are some awesome polishes and for great prices! LOL @ your rationalizations. I do that all the time. You have to treat yourself to birthday presents, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, what a huge and beautiful haul!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, sales! It's so nice to find stuff you want for great deals, haha. Those China Glazes are so pretty. And I like seeing the L'oreal all lined up in a row like that :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the order. Almost to an OCD level. (Who am I kidding, it's definitely to that level, haha.)

      When I lined up the L'oreal polishes I internally debated for about 5 minutes whether it should be alphabetical or colour order. Haha.

      Delete
  9. Hahha I'm jealous:D That was quite of a deal with CG's! Getting new nail polishes is so exciting:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Eventually they'll run out of colours, right?!?!?! Haha.

      Delete
  11. Holy Moly! Awesome haul. Can you do a review on Minted by Revlon? I've been eyeing it for a while now but have been trying to slow down my purchasing (I had a month like yours where I bought a LOT in a short amount of time). So I want to know if it's good or not.

    PS I'm totally going to be on the lookout for sales, you're such a great bargain shopper!

    I'm just gonna go stare at your pictures some more :P

    - J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey J! I will absolutely do a review on Minted for you. I'll post it next week! (You'll end up buying it, I'm sure.) We need to go polish shopping some time soon.

      PS: Stare away, comment too! :)

      Delete
  12. Oh my--you are a shopper after my own heart! I've always been afraid to look too close at how many polishes I get in a given month (I got seven at lunch today, and four yesterday, so that gives you an idea).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My polish shopping is out of control and has been for the past year. Thankfully the hubby has his own more-expensive-than-mine hobby and I can justify mine using that as a tool. Haha. ;)

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. I can't wait to wear it. The gold mini-flake is all kinds of beautiful!

      Delete
  14. wow was this purchased at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
  15. holy moly! What a great haul! Everything looks amazing and I'm glad you got some awesome deals! Always good when buying polish :P I can't wait to see anything you do with these! hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Traci! I love me some good deals. I can't wait to try these out. :)

      Delete
  16. Holy crap that's a lot of polish! I'm super Jealous, that looks about the size of my whole nail polish collection hahaha. Could you do a review on the quality of the L'oreal polish? I've been wondering about them. They look like they have such nice light creme color polishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most certainly will! I will be wearing one of them today. :)

      Delete
  17. Wow, what a haul!! I can't go on a no-buy either, it's just too hard. There are too many pretty colors out there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh man, that's the most beautiful site I've ever seen. And don't worry, in the last two weeks I've bought 10ish nail polishes too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!