Home

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Isn't She Pretty?!

I'm dusting off the archives and showing you a manicure that I loved wearing!

Revlon "Emerald City", 2 coats



The light green shimmer is strong enough in Emerald City that it is visible without topcoat. Very pretty. Application was a breeze, no problems. After a few hours though, I couldn't leave well enough alone and decided to glitter-fy my mani.

Emerald City with ACO "Day N Night", 1 coat


This sparkled SO NICELY. I was very happy. Even Mr. Polish commented on it;  not once, not twice, but multiple times. I was a happy lady!

Question: do you separate your un-trieds from your polish collection or keep them all together? My polish collection went from approximately 11 polishes to 983 (as of today) in about a year and a half. Needless to say, I have only worn about 20% of my collection and am constantly trying to figure out different ways to store my polishes. Untrieds/tried. Brand. Color. A combination?

I need help!!!
Haha... not that kind.

Have a fantastic day and thank you for reading. :)

16 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I organize my polishes by brand. I like having the same bottle shapes next to each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is how I currently have my polishes stored as well and for the same reason. Thank you for your input!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, love this one! I haven't gotten around to trying it out yet, but I should. It's perfect for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I currently store my nail polish by brand, but I think I might start storing them by worn/unworn because my collection is growing rapidly and I find myself not using most of my new polish. I think it will be a better way to rotate my polishes and make uses of all of my colours better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely! Sometimes I forget the little treasures I have when they are stashed away. My only trouble with worn/unworn is my unworn polish count is around 780... LOL!

      Delete
  4. So very pretty!! I love the combination of the two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just picked this up and have not tried it yet, I was thinking about including it in a Christmas giveaway but now that I see it swatched I don't know if I can part with it!!

    Not that my polishes are too 'organized' but I always leave my unused polishes in a special box in my china cabinet (yes in my kitchen lol!!) But like you I have been buying a lot of polishes in the last while and it's getting a little crowded!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DON'T PART WITH IT. Haha. :)

      I could only WISH that my untrieds could fit into a china cabinet!

      Delete
  6. I don't categorize polishes well. Good idea though.

    Emerald is a GORGEOUS color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the texture on Emerald City is amazing! It looks so pretty with the glittering topper too. :D

    I do keep my untrieds separated so that I'll at least try to reach for them first. I still haven't *quite* filled up my first Helmer, but by the time I get through half that untried box it'll be well overflowing. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  8. No way!! Emerald City is sooo pretty!! :O

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this! It looks so pretty! I keep all of mine together but since my collection isn't as big it's not too hard for me to figure out what I've tried ahaa. I store all of mine on a rack that I made. I'm so pleased with it haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved that mani. You should do a blog post and show your polish collection! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!