Home

Friday, May 20, 2011

First Tape Manicure!

Today I'm posting my nail look that I did Wednesday morning and wore until last night. I have to say that I'm getting bad at leaving my nails alone. I don't think I've worn the same look for more than 2 1/2 days for a while now. Oh well, it gives me more stuff to post for you! Also, I've been trying to get better at photographing my finished look, so let me know if you like seeing the different angles, etc.

My base colour is two coats of OPI 'No Room For The Blues' on all my nails.

On my accent nail (ring finger) I did two diagonal lines with Sinful Colors 'Timbleberry' and  'Irish Green' leaving two blue spots above and below the lines I created.

After the lines were created I added a coat of SV (Seche Vite) and allowed it to dry for 8-10 minutes.

When the SV was dry I took regular clear tape and cut strips out of it. I placed them on my accent nails and took my Wet'n'Wild 'Ebony Hates Chris' and painted it over top of the tape. Before the black polish could dry I pulled the tape off very carefully and got this look. I sealed everything in with another coat of SV.

I got this idea from the amazing Erika over at Chloe's Nails. She does some pretty spectacular nail looks using Scotch Tape and definitely inspired my first attempt. 

This being the first ever attempt at this type of manicure, I was pleased with how it turned out. It was definitely a learning experience. (Note to self: cut thinner strips of tape!) I really enjoyed my first "tape mani" and have some fun ideas for future looks. Please comment and let me know your thoughts. (I had a friend say that it looked like a sticker, which I took as a compliment - stickers don't have any flaws. ;) Haha.)

As always, thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!