Home

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Polka Dotting Fun

I'm back! It's been almost a month since I posted, I can't believe I have slacked so much. Shame on me. I haven't been twiddling my thumbs though, I have been creating lots of new looks and have the photos to prove it! (Haha.) Below is one that I created with the idea of spring/Easter in mind.




I started off with a base coat and then chose 6-7 of my favourite colours and dotted them on my nails. I finished with a rainbow glitter polish and then a top coat.


If you have one, you can use a dotting tool for the polka dots or you can straighten out a bobby pin and use the tip. One other idea is to use a sewing pin, the kind that look like they have a bead/pearl on the end. For extra grip, I find it easier to push the pin into an eraser so you have something better to hold on. (You can find these at the Dollarama, I saw them last week. Hehe.)


This is a really simple look for spring and/or Easter. If I were to do this again I would probably do it on my toes and use a solid background color. Maybe pearl white or black? I did an assorted colours for my polka dots but feel free to change the colors of your dots as well.


Next post: My Nail Tools. (My dotting tool included.)


Comment & let me know: would you try polka dots?


Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE this look. i agree that a white base would look good too - or pink!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!