Home

Monday, June 11, 2012

Blue Monday: Boy Meets Girl


It's that time of the week. Blue Monday is here again.

I'm trying to get through some of my older mani's and this was one that I really liked. It is very simple, but I think that's what drew me in.

Let's go see.

*
 
 
 
Blue: Essence - Walk On Air (2 coats)
Pink: Essence - Ultimate Pink (2 coats)

The pictures above are without topcoat.

Walk On Air is a very saturated medium blue which leans the slightest but purple. Application was simple and effortless. Opacity was perfect at two coats and it dries very shiny.

Ultimate Pink is a pigmented medium pink that is slightly cool toned. I think cool toned colours work well with my skin tone. Again, application was easy and this polish dried very shiny as well.

I have to say, I'm very impressed with my Essence polishes. They regularly retail at $1.49 at Shoppers Drug Mart (in Canada) and this week they were on sale for $1.34 (5ml each). They are mini's but the bottle shape makes it look like they hold more. The brush is full sized and flat which makes application very easy. The handle isn't too small, you really get a good hold of it. As they release new shades, I will be only too happy to pick them up!

Do you participate in Blue Monday? Let me know in the comments, I'll link to your blog in future posts.

- A Polished Touch

13 comments:

  1. I really love this! It's gorgeous. The pink is a nice touch with the blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa. :) I liked them together quite a bit.

      Delete
  2. love this mani! blue and pink are my favorite colors, especially together :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Walk On Air!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Essence polishes are great! And cheap! Boy meets Girl...cute title, and I love the fact that the "girl" nail has 3 options!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pink makes the blue pop! I love when simple mani's can shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute title! I love the colors! They're so vibrant! I love how they're so cheap, but with such nice quality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I was going for "cute". I'm really impressed with the Essence polishes.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!