Home

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Bright Summer Leopard Print

Have you ever done a manicure and even hours later you still find yourself staring at your nails? This manicure caused quite a bit of distraction for me, in the best way possible. I remember doing this back when I was under the weather and it definitely helped to pick my spirits up.

Let's take a look.

*


 


*

 Please excuse the ring & pinky finger cuticle flooding. 
I said I was under the weather, 'member?

For this manicure I used:

White: China Glaze - Snow (2 coats)
Pink: California Colors - Perfect Pink*
Green: Borghese - Fantastico Lime
Blue: California Colors - Baby Blue*

* California Colors polishes come un-named. My generic names will have to do.

I used black acrylic paint and a detailing brush to outline the spots and then added a generous coat of Seche Vite (my BFF4L) for a high gloss finish. 

I do have to admit that, although I didn't straight up copy this design from anyone, Love4Nails on YouTube has been a huge addiction and inspiration of mine. (Especially for this manicure.) Her videos actually jump-started my passion for nail polish/nail art early spring last year and I haven't looked back since. She does some of the most flamboyant and bright nail art manicure's I've seen and although I wouldn't necessarily rock each and every one, I definitely appreciate them.

Here is the link to her YouTube Channel. Check her out, but be warned: you may find yourself browsing her uploads for the next 3 hours. I hope you don't have to be anywhere. ;)
 
Let me know if you checked out her channel in the comments below and what you thought!
- A Polished Touch

11 comments:

  1. So perty! I would have been staring at my nails for ever with this mani too, I'm such a sucker for bright coloured creme polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks awesome !
    I'm following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! If I did this on my nails, I would be staring at them in distraction too! haha. Ooh just checked out her YouTube! She has some intricate designs! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I really love this. You chose perfect colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! I just love this mani!! I love the colors that you used. If I did this I would keep staring at it!!! The black withthe pink and white polka dots was my fave until I saw this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!