Home

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Layla Hologram Effect "Mercury Twilight"

Photographing a holographic polish isn't as easy as it sounds. That being said, this post is quite picture heavy. I couldn't decide which to leave out, so you get to see practically all of them. ;)

I tried that new accent manicure where you polish your index/middle fingers one colour and the pinky, ring and thumb another, then reverse the pattern on the other hand. I'm at a loss as to what that style is called but I found it really interesting. Order amongst the disorder. Cool.

The black I used is my trusty Wet'n'Wild Black Creme of which I used 2 coats.

Also, please ignore my hideous fingers. I do apologize.



Indoors

Indoors

Direct sunlight

Direct sunlight

Direct sunlight

Direct sunlight

Direct sunlight

Direct sunlight

Direct sunlight

Direct sunlight

Direct sunlight

Direct sunlight

Direct sunlight

Direct sunlight

Direct sunlight

Direct sunlight

Direct sunlight

Indoors, shaded

Indoors, shaded

Indoors, shaded

*awestruck*

This is my first ever true linear holographic polish. I'm still amazed by it. I might be wearing my Layla's all summer now. Well, on the sunny days at least. ;)

Mercury Twilight is a silver STRONG linear holographic polish that shows the entire rainbow spectrum even in the dimmest of light. I used the file that is sold with the polishes before applying and it made all the difference in the world. I tried swatching them before doing the buffing/polishing and WOW. You WILL notice a huge difference in the strength of the linear effect. I definitely recommend that you do this step before applying the polish.

The downside was that I used 3 coats of polish and still had some bald spots. In the sun you don't notice them at all, but indoors you can. I would recommend the dab method to cover any such bald spots. 

Mercury Twilight definitely has the strongest linear effect that I can see so far...  I'll have to wear them all and let you help me decide. ;) I added Poshe topcoat and it didn't seem to dull the linear effect although I had some major chipping by the end of the day, and not just on my Layla adorned nails. My W'n'W nails had some pretty significant chipping too ... I really want to love my Poshe topcoat, I'm trying to give it a good try, but this surprised me. A lot. I know holo's are known for their chipping but I never have that issue with my Black Creme. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Has your Poshe top coat caused any chipping issues?

Until tomorrow, stay polished!

- A Polished Touch

32 comments:

  1. I have violet and ocean rush.....love them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ultra Violet has a crazy linear effect. It's my second favourite out of them all.

      Delete
  2. I NEED Mercury Twilight! Love this combo and that WnW black creme looks awesome as well. I can't believe I've never tried that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! I need to get my hands on some holographic polishes asap! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you can find these in the stores you should try them out. They are amazing.

      Delete
  4. I wish my layla holo looked this nice. Well mine did, but had major patches problems. Also super bad chipping in just one day. So I'm not sure if it's your top coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info! I had some patchy issues but the dab method helped that for the most part. I'm still giving my Poshe a try ... I really want to love it.

      Delete
  5. wow it's seriously intense outdoors! love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love these polishes! I wish they stayed on better though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed 110%. At least that means I get to wear another one sooner, LOL.

      Delete
  7. Mercury Twilight looks stuning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! That holographic is amazing! I just stared at the picture for about 3minutes nonstop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Absolutely agree. I love shooting rainbows out of my fingers, LOL.

      Delete
  10. that black looks really awesome. the shine makes it so nice. whenever i try black it looks gothic and dark- but yours looks great

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this looks awesome! I'm tempted to get some of these, but I'm really doing my best not to get anymore polish for a while! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traci. Let's be serious. You need some linear holo in your life. Just get one. ;)

      I'm an awful enabler.

      Delete
  12. Wow, you got some amazing photos of the holo effect! I've tried photographing holos before too and haven't come close to capturing it so well.

    I have got to get some Layla polishes--their holo effect is the best I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I found it pretty frustrating because it is SOOOOOO much better in real life. It's unbelievable. Absolutely go get some and then spam us with your swatches. I want to see!

      Delete
  13. I have this on order, and now I am really impatient to get it! LOL This looks soooo pretty, fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're a smart lady. Who could resist the linear rainbow?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Layla :( I wanted to get one or two of them , but shipping would cost more that bottles .Did you purchase from website ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually found them in various drug stores in my city! I was pretty fortunate.

      Delete
    2. can you find one for me ? Ill be a good swap girl, I promise :))))

      Delete
    3. I can try and find one. I saw them early this year.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!