Home

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pink Wednesday: Claire's "Light Pink"

Happy Pink Wednesday!

I've been working, slowly but surely, at getting though all the untrieds in my collection, although I buy them much faster than I can wear them, so I honestly don't see an end in sight for my untrieds. Mr.Polish suggested organizing my collection based on that method but I can't stomach the thought of seeing how many I still have to swatch/wear. I'm at 899 polishes and I've only worn about 180 of them. Aaaaaah. 

Anyways, let's get on with the mani, shall we?

 *

 Claire's "Light Pink"

3 thin coats, with topcoat

 Natural light (cloudy day, no sun)

Cuticle Oil: Beauty Secrets - Nail Matrix: Cuticle Oil
Topcoat: Beauty Secrets - Hardener: High Gloss Top Coat

I had some difficulty with the formula only because I applied cuticle oil just before application and forgot to clean my nail off with acetone. I should have removed the polish at that point and started again however ... I have no valid reason for not doing so. Lesson learned. (You'll see some slight bald-spots and a bubble or two, I apologize.)

Light Pink is quite a pretty polish. I usually don't reach for this colour very often, preferring instead my teal/mint/powder blue/purple selection. However, I must say that my preference for polish colour has been veering in different directions lately. Change is a good thing in Pretty Polish Land, isn't it? ;)

One note about colour accuracy: please see the outdoor photo for the most accurate view. Ignore the dry fingers. Remember I said I applied cuticle oil? Well, apparently my fingers drank that up and needed more and I didn't listen/pay attention.

*

If you're a follower of my blog and regularly follow Pink Wednesday please let me know in the comments. (A simple "I do Pink Wednesday's" will do!) I will add a list at the end of each P.W post letting readers who are interested, to check out your fabulous pink mani's! 

I'm looking forward to seeing your pink mani's! 

Do you sort your "untrieds" and if so, how?

- A Polished Touch

29 comments:

  1. thats a gorgeous pink :) I think if I tried to sort all my untrieds I would feel too overwhelmed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Overwhelmed is a great word to describe how I would feel as well!

      Delete
  2. This is a really pretty pink! I know what you mean about buying them faster than you can get through them. At one point I sorted my untrieds separately, but I ran out of room, lol. So I just put the all in the helmer.

    I do Pink Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, good plan! I have my "Melmer's" (the Michael's version of the Helmer) and I think I'll just keep them all together. The time it would take to sort them ... again! (I just re-organized them a couple weeks ago.)

      Delete
  3. Oh my GOSH! 899 polishes! That's amazing...lol! Not so off topic: I love Claire's polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. julierivard84@gmail.com ;)

    I just hit over 400 bottles of polish! Eep! I've slowed down A LOT though, since I lost my funding for grad school, wahh. The boy treats me to polish every so often though. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm going to email you in a minute.

      Congrats on 400 bottles! I remember that milestone. Once I hit 500 I had to admit that I had a problem. Now I don't feel so guilty, haha.

      Sorry to hear about the loss of funding, Julie.

      The boy SHOULD treat you to polish, I'm sure you indulge him in the things he likes. :)

      Delete
  5. Pretty pink! I don't own any of Claire's polishes but I really want to get Candy Shop eventually.

    I'm not positive how many polishes I have, but I think it's around 100+. I know for a fact that I haven't worn all of them though! There' still a lot that I want to buy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want that one, too!

      Some days I wish for the simplicity of a small collection. Trying to figure out what to use can be daunting when you have that many to choose from. (Not complaining, I'm very grateful for my collection.)

      Delete
  6. Oh man, I could never do Pink Wednesdays. I think I own maybe...two pink polishes? Hahaha! Count me in the teal/mint/powder blue category, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing when I first heard of Pink Wednesday's. Somehow I managed to gain an impressive collection of pink. It's baffling, really.

      I love me my teal/min/powder blue collection. <3

      Delete
  7. Looks nice on you. I couldnt pull off that shade of pink. I just have my untrieds in boxes in a drawer waiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing how you store them! :)
      Perhaps you could use that shade for detailing?

      Delete
  8. Such a lovely pink!! I have a lot of untrieds, and no method to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has no method. ;)

      Delete
  9. Pretty pink! I don't put my untrieds in my Helmer, I leave them on top in a special, "untrieds" box :D I only have about 45 in there though, so its no biggie. 800+!? Another reason I'm a fan of yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, so sweet - thanks Maribeth! I just went shopping today and picked up 17 more. *hides* Hahaha.

      Delete
    2. Lmfao! Ive been good the past 2 days, but i still stop in several stores each day "just to look" :-) it's addictive - the hunt.

      Delete
    3. We're twins. Let's face it.
      (I do the exact same thing.)

      Delete
  10. That's such a beautiful pastel pink :)
    Reminds me of macaroons for some reason xD

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep my polishes organized with a notebook (my journail) and scotch tape. The back pages of my notebook are swatched by color groups. I mark each with a U for untrieds and a B for blogged. The front pages are organized by brands and collections. Each polish is numbered from 1-4 or 1-8 with design ideas for that color. When I use that idea, it gets marked with a blue heart for each time I wear it. It's total micromanaging. I started my book 2 months ago. It keeps me in check about being picky about my colors. Right now I'm up to 157 bottles. I'm trying to reach 200 slowly. I would love to organize your 800+ I think we would need a binder for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You come over to my place and you feel free to organize them! ;) Currently I have an Excel Spreadsheet that I use to keep tract of each polish I own. I do my best to highlight the name of the polishes I've blogged about, but I'm sure I've missed some...

      Delete
  12. Wow you have a lot of polish! Haha. That's incredible!!! I wouldn't know what to do with so many! I'm having trouble storing what I have! lol
    I love this pink! It's so soft looking :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!