Home

Friday, June 8, 2012

Sally Hansen Deep Purple Gets Dotty

I love my Twitter account! If you haven't followed me (I follow back!) please do. I'm excited to get to know everyone a bit better. :) Pintrest is fun although very addicting. I have to be careful when going on there. LOL.

Sally Hansen "Deep Purple" - 3 coats

Deep Purple is gorgeous. It is a very obvious purple with a very fine shimmer throughout. At some angles you can see blue hiding in around the edges. This isn't visible in the bottle but I noticed it while I was wearing it and you can sort of see what I'm talking about in the first two photo's.

Application was a little thin - I needed 3 coats for opacity - but easy to control. I sway between being a 2-coater and a 3-coater. Three coats just looks sooo good, but at the same time, I'm not always patient enough or there is a lack of time. I resolve to be more patient. Nothing I can do about being in a time crunch. Life happens.

The polka dots ... meeeeeh. I'm very blasé about them. Dotting inside of dots is so cute and I've seen many successful mani's doing this, but my colour choices were poor. I should have used polish rather than my acrylic paints. Ah well. Looking back on the photo's now, I realize I didn't have topcoat on for any of the photo's either, just a general FYI.

Enjoy your Friday!
- A Polished Touch

26 comments:

  1. Oh my! This polish is stunning on you!!! I love deep purples like this. i think the dotting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love purple. Generally I like the lighter purples but there's just something about the shimmer in this that makes me go "ooooou".

      Delete
  2. Ooo so glowy! I love how this looks on you and adore your dots. I'll have to do a doticure soon - haven't done one in ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glowy is a perfect word! Definitely do a dotticure - I LOVE that style of mani.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous purple! I personally think the dotting came out great! It's a nice, cute touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that purple but its even better with the polka dots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks really nice! I find that the Sally Hansen Xtremewear polishes do lack opacity though. So I have to be in a good mood for doing 3 coats. Otherwise, that shimmer is gorgeous!

    -J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. My mood has everything to do with my polish selection process. LOL.

      Delete
  6. This is really pretty! I love it xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks beautiful on you! Love the dots too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so sweet, Sera. Thank you. :) Have a safe trip this weekend. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color & it looks great on you!
    Purple happens to be my favorite color but every time I use this shade on my nails I hate the way it looks I have no idea why!!! :( lol very cute mani you deff rocked the color :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Have you tried using it as part of a gradient? You might like it better that way!

      Delete
    2. that's a great idea! had not thought about that, i will deff try it soon.

      Delete
  10. Wow that purple is amazing! So deep! lol
    I really like how your polka dots look! I need to try using acrylic paint....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Acrylic paints are awesome to work with. I do my dots after my base colour has dried, that way if I make a mistake while dotting I can just take a Q-Tip dipped in water and wipe the mistake away. Voila! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!