Home

Monday, June 4, 2012

Blue Monday: Raindrops Are Falling On My Head

As promised for the past few days, I will be debuting my "new" nails.

While polish shopping at Wal-Mart about a month ago I saw a new end-cap with NYC polishes that said "2 for $3" and I immediately spotted a few new colours as well as a matte top coat. At that price point I snatched a few up and today I will be showing you "Matte Me Crazy" which I did a fun layering mani with ... let's go see!

*

Essence "Let's Get Lost" (1 coat)
with NYC "Matte Me Crazy"
Clear polish dotted on top
  
Essence "Let's Get Lost" no topcoat
 
 

Matte Me Crazy layered over Let's Get Lost
 
 
 
Indirect daylight shot



Let's Get Lost is amazing. It is a very pigmented medium blue creme that only needed one careful coat for a nice, smooth application. This polish dried very shiny and at $1.49, it's a steal! I also can't get the song of the same name by Beck out of my head now. Haha.

Matte Me Crazy is nice although I did do two coats to make this manicure reach the level of "mattification" (made that word up, haha) that I was looking for. I could have left it at one, but I wanted a strong contrast between the glossy and matte finishes.

I've been wanting to try this type of mani for a long time and I really like the way it looks. Very textured. I will mention as well that ironically enough, it is raining outside today. Careful what you post, weather-wise. ;)

Have you ever tried this type of manicure?

- A Polished Touch

20 comments:

  1. this is SUCH an inventive idea! i lovelovelove it, will definitely be trying this out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the matte/glossy contrast! I've never tried that but I'm definitely adding to my nail to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played with matte/glossy mani's but I'd kind of forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding me with your gorgeous mani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous mani, i love it, so adorable. I have to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty blue! Love the matte/glossy combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the matte with the glossy dots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How creative! It looks like rain drops xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the "raindrops" on it! Such a cute design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you used matte polish with polka dots!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I really like the matte/glossy contrast! I never thought of doing something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! I do think that the matte should work with one coat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love nubbins. And I love your nubbins, they're so cute :)

    I keep picking the matte top coat up, then putting it down again. I have the Joe Fresh one which works okay, but I like SHINY things, not matte things hahaha. That being said, I love this look! The mix of matte and glossy is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing beats a good one-coater. Love this color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! Your nails look cute :D I knew it! Haha.
    I love how it looks like raindrops over the matte coat :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really pretty I love that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never tried a matte polish, but it looks really nice in these pictures, even more so with the 'raindrop' esque mani you did with it. It reminds me of spring days when I was a kid!

    -J

    ReplyDelete
  17. Innovative idea! Will def. try this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a neat look with the matte effect! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!