Home

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Turtle Inspired Mani

One of my favourite polish colours that I've gotten into lately is hunter green; green that 
is on the dark side but still very much green. Unfortunately, this colour of 
polish usually gives me lobster claws. Does that deter me? 
Not a chance.

We all have our favourite "animal" growing up. My younger sister had a thing for turtles, she still does in fact. I wanted to do something that reminded me of her - this dotticure came 
to life. I'm terrible at nail art so painting an actual turtle is out of the 
question for me at this point, but  I thought that this mani 
kinda portrays a turtle-esque feeling.
Let's go see.


 
 
 
 
 

Darker green: Gosh - Forest Green, 1 coat                   Basecoat: Nail Life Gripper Base Coat
Lighter green: Gosh -  Silky Mint, dotted

Forest Green is perfect. It looks lighter in the bottle than what it dries to and when it dries it is shiny. My swatch pictures of it have no topcoat. (There is topcoat on the pictures that have the dots.) It is the perfect "dark green". It is obvious that it is a green polish in all lighting. Beautiful.

Silky Mint is a dusty green which looks like it might have a drop or two of blue. I wouldn't call it a teal but it isn't just green either. It fits in the dusty mint category. I have a big comparison post coming up this week (probably Thursday or Friday) which includes this polish so stay tuned!

What do you think of green polish - yay or nay?

- A Polished Touch

27 comments:

  1. i'm really into minty colors right now so its a YAY for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love green polish and I also love anything with dots. I totally get the turtle vibe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all for green polish! Cabaret is my favourite musical and the main character has a few lines about wearing green nail polish before she breaks into song. Ever since I've been a huge fan!

    Love the hunter green, I'd be more likely to wear it in the winter though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that polish has infiltrated musicals. It should be everywhere. LOL. This polish would be perfect in the fall/winter.

      Delete
  4. Love this! Forest Green is sitting in my untrieds, I should pull it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute turles :-P .. I love both greens

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great greens! I used to avoid green nail polish but have long since gotten over that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was the same way when I first got into polish. Now I purposely search out for green polishes.

      Delete
  7. I love green polish as it's my favorite color, funny thing is, I hardly ever wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is so cute! i love the base coat you used, that's such an amazing hunter green (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw turtle turtle! hehe. I had thing and still have a thing...for ducks! haha. This is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO! Haha. I'm not the only one, thank heavens. We have a pond near our house and go for walks all the time. Unfortunately I haven't seen any ducklings this year. They're hidden pretty well.

      Delete
  10. Total Yay! This is way better than literally painting a turtle, this came out so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. :) I think I'm going to try other "animals" using the dotticure method. We'll see how that goes.

      Delete
  11. This is fantastic- I love how these two greens look together. Dreamy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!