Home

Thursday, June 7, 2012

I'm Feeling Green ... and Glittery + Update

Who has Twitter? Who has Pintrest? Well, I am the proud owner of an account on both of those websites and would love it if you joined me! 
(I linked my profile to the website names.)

Okay, onto the mani, shall we?

*

 Avon "Sweet Mint"  + ELF "Golden Goddess"
 
 


This type of green always draws my attention. I love how bright and eye catching it is!

Sweet Mint confuses me. This is not even close to what my mind conjures when I think "mint". I like to think I know mint pretty well, too, it being one of my favourite polish colours. This polish is in the same realm as OPI's "Who The Shrek Are You?" I should do a comparison post. I have a few that I've been meaning to do...

Application was perfect. My hand was a tad shaky when I applied this so I was a tiny bit messy around the cuticle but that's my error. If you have the opportunity to try out any Avon polishes, I highly recommend that you do! I love the brush (flat, medium-sized) and it isn't overpowering, smell-wise. Pigmentation is great too - I used 2 coats for this mani.

Golden Goddess is a beautiful gold glitter polish which consists of golden shimmer, gold micro-glitter and medium holographic glitters. I used only one coat of this to do a faint gradient starting at the free edge of my nail and fading it towards the cuticle. I wish more holo hex glitters came out onto the brush and I could have done a second coat but I like how subtle this was against such a bold colour. I did fish around in the bottle to try and get a hex glitter or two, just to make every nail even.

*

Off topic. I've been considering doing an update nail polish collection post and am wondering if this is something you might like to see. I know that I would LOOOVE to see all of your beautiful collections! Let me know in the comments what your thoughts are. If there are a few of us, we could put something together and all do ours together?

Don't forget, I'm on Twitter and Pintrest! Let's chat. :)

- A Polished Touch

23 comments:

  1. I followed hon!! Your mani looks so pretty!! I'm so with you on the name of the green. Definitely not what I imagine when I hear "mint." And Golden Goddess is one of my favorite glitters. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I love this green! And the glitter made a very pretty combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails remind me of fairy wings for some reason :)
    I love the holo hex glitters combined with the tiny glitters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ou, fairy wings. I didn't think of that but I can see what you mean. Earth fairy, maybe.

      Delete
  4. That's a mint polish?! Oh well, it's still a really pretty mani. You can't go wrong with glitter! A collection post sounds cool. I'm always interested in seeing what people have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They call it mint, but it definitely isn't.
      Thanks for your input about a collection post!

      Delete
  5. would love to see your collection! plz post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be figuring out how I want to do it and it will be posted fairly soon.

      Delete
  6. Oh yay, Twitter :D

    This shade of green is never flattering on me. You make it look so cheerful, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for following. :)
    You're right, it's not everybody's cup of tea! The glitters are gorgeous, aren't they? I think they would look beautiful over a pastel tangerine colour, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe it's mint still in the leaf form? :P Fresh?

    -J

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also, yes please to a collection update! I'd share mine (it's significantly smaller than yours though). But I love love LOVE seeing collections!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing them too. Thanks for the input! I'll start planning how I want to showcase it.

      We'll have to have a mani-date so you can see it in person. Next time you're over. ;)

      Delete
  10. That is a very interesting green! Not what my mind would think of as a mint color either! The glitter is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely! The name Sweet Mint confuses me too haha! I think of a more light green when I think of mint. It's still a pretty color though :)
    Oooh I just started following you on Pinterest and requested to follow you on Twitter :D Yay for social networking! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only confused one. ;)
      Love that we're social networking buddies now. <3

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!