Home

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Wet'n'Wild Gets Glittered


Good morning! 

Before I decided to turn my long nails into nubbin's, I wanted to try out a rounded nail style rather than the square tip that I had been wearing for months. Looking back at these pictures I'm still unsure what I think about this shape on my nails.

I wore this manicure at the start of Spring and got a lot of feedback on it which surprised me because it is so simple. Let's see, shall we?

*

Wet'n'Wild "I Need A Refresh-ment"

2 coats, no topcoat

Essence "Space Queen" layered on top
Simple, see?

I Need A Refresh-ment is a beautiful light teal crème polish that leans slightly more green than blue. Application was easy, although I did have a few bubbles which I believe were from user error. I applied my second coat almost immediately after completing my first. 

This is the type of colour (as well as light blue crème's) that I am immediately drawn to while polish shopping - I can't help it. I justify owning many of this type of polish by thinking, "I can do comparison's and help people decide which they like best - it's to help others."

*grins*
Anything for another bottle of polish, right? ;)

Space Queen has an  extremely sheer pink jelly base, which doesn't seem to show any colour when layered over other polishes (ie: I Need A Refresh-ment), with fairly small round rainbow glitter. I only did one coat of glitter and the coverage is nice. I waited about 3 minutes after my second coat to apply Space Queen and didn't experience any pulling at the cuticle line. 

A coat of Seche Vite and voila!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and happy polishing.
 
- A Polished Touch

11 comments:

  1. I like your nails this shape! Although I know what you mean about being unsure because everytime I try anything other than my usual squared off type nail, I feel it never looks 'right'. Pretty combo too...I can't get enough of teals & turquoises either and I totally have done the same justification process!! haah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the rounded shape! It's not TOO rounded which I like a lot :)

    I heard this was a dupe of Essie's Turquoise and Caicos.. can you confirm? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope your not goingto cut your nails!! The length and shapeare great! Most everybody has the short square,I like this rounded shape. Now the polish, I love the sparkle!! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your nail shape looks great! I'm sure you'll get used to it after some time.

    As for the polish, it's really pretty with the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that green! it looks a bit dusty, I really like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mint nail polishes are sooo beautiful and this nail shape is really pretty as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty color! Hmm..I like this shape! I think both the square-shaped tip and round tip look good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful light teal. The glitters look great on top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great combination! I love that WnW, it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!