Home

Monday, June 6, 2011

Layering: NYC Spring Street & Wet'n'Wild 9.0.2.1.Orange

Have you ever sat down ready to do your nails and nothing seem to work? That was me last night. Sadly, my cupcake frosting look chipped on two nails and I am a bit OCD about damaged nails - 9.9 times out of 10 I will take it off and do a new mani. Anyway, I was ready to do my nails around 11pm last night and by 12:45am I had to admit defeat. Nothing was working. Lime green? Nope. Orange? Nope. *sigh*

This morning I was resolved: my nails were getting done even if it killed me. (I'm so dramatic...) I re-tried the orange look I had failed at last night and it worked! Thank heavens. I think I just lost patience last night and was running into problems because of that. I took my time today and it turned out beautiful. I wish there was some sunlight to show this off a bit better, but overcast will have to do.

2 coats NYC "Spring Street" with no top coat. Look at that shine!

2 coats of Wet'n'Wild "9.0.2.1.Orange" with 1 coat of SV.

Love the gold glitter!

Ignore the copious amounts of cuticle oil. My cuticles were really dried out from all the polish remover in the last 12 hours.
I'm thankful I finally got something to work. Such a frustrating mani, but I must say - I love the way it turned out. Orange never really got me excited before but I'm really loving it for summer. Comment and let me know what your favourite orange polish is!

Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

  1. That NYC Orange is an amazing color and looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if that color would look good on me... but man it looks great on you.. I think I have to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great on you , they look like little orange peels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly how you feel, I do the same thing...I can go through 2 or 3 manis before I figure out what I want or just give up! I don't wear a lot of orange, I don't think I can pull it off, but I LOVE the oranges with more pinks or corals in them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite orange nail polish is actually 9.0.2.1.Orange ^_^ It's so shimmery and pretty. I loved how you layered it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ABOP - You're too kind, thanks!

    polishedcomponents - You're so sweet. If you can get your hands on it, absolutely, go for it! I paid under $3 for mine. :)

    Toyomi - I completely agree. Too bad oranges don't actually sparkle the way this mani does. ;) I might actually eat them then!

    Meredith Anne - try out some oranges, you might be surprised. I sure was! I love corals as well.

    FORVER '92 - Thank you, I'm really loving that polish as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!