Home

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Leopard Print Round 2

How fast can you paint your nails? I think I broke a world record tonight. When I got home from work it was decided that we would go out for dinner. Since my zebra/gradient mani had chipped during work today I had to quickly re-polish. I grabbed the first two sparkly colours I saw (Wet'n'Wild "Silvivor" and Crush "Platinum") and slapped them on. ('Slapped' is used loosely ... I polished with haste. Haha.) Anyway, I did all ten fingers with 3 coats of polish in less than five minutes. I didn't think it was possible. The only saving grace was that these colours are pretty forgiving. (Silver and holographic glitter.)

When we got back home I needed to touch up some area's and decided to tackle another leopard print design. I chose rather unconventional colours and I love the way they look together. Check it out. :)

I used Color Club "Masquerading" for the spots and a Nail Star Two-Way Nail Art Pen in black for the outlining and detailing.

Let's ignore the random black dot on my finger and the slight smearing from the top coat please & thank you. ;)
I found this look really hard to capture without good quality daylight. I personally think the photo's don't do this look justice, not to sound conceited. I just think that the polishes I used need to be seen IRL (in real life) to be fully appreciated.

Have you rocked zebra or leopard prints? Let me know!

Thanks for reading.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice :-) I love leopard print but still haven't tried it myself. Maybe this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love the colour combination and that it's glittery :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! You did an awesome job :) Fabulous blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried a leopard print mani for the first time a few days ago. I love this colour combo it's tres-chic! Much prefer it to the one I did! I MUST try this out now! lol
    You have a new follower/copycat/blog stalker lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh this is too cute! I love the silver underneath! I haven't tried leopard or zebra print yet, I'm kind of scared!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I friggin LOOOOVE your nails here. I recently did zebra on mine, which Ill post a picture of. And if you dont mind Id love to show off your nails and web link on my blog too. Cause your talents amazing :) thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone - you sure do know how to give a girl a self-confidence boost! :)

    Felicity, you are more than welcome to post my blog and whichever photo's you like. As long as credit is given, I'm perfectly happy to let you share my designs with others!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!