Home

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Gradient & Zebra Print

Hi again. Quick post tonight. At the request of a friend of mine I tried doing a gradient manicure and for fun also tried zebra stripes. I always find "firsts" are rough but I still post them so I can share what I have learned from the experience.

Pink base is Color Club "Raspberry Rush"
Purple is ACO "Purple Rain"
Blue is Sally Hansen "Pacific Blue"

The glitter/flakie polish on my accent nail is Sinful Colors "Deep Red Ocean". I'm loving that this polish has flakies in it. *swoon*

I added zebra stripes with Wet'n'Wild "Black Creme" and added some silver glitter with a nail art polish in silver. (Nail Star Two-Way Nail Art Pens from eBay.)

I added a generous top coat with Nail Life Speed Demon Polish Dryer. It adds a great shine and dries quickly. I love it and it is 29ml's!



One tip I have for creating a gradient manicure is to make sure that your base colour is completely dry before starting to add your second and third colours. I added them by sponging them on and making sure they were blended well by waiting until they were still a little tacky and lightly sponging over it without adding additional polish to the sponge. Hopefully that doesn't sound too confusing.


I guess this can also be my "We Wear Pink On Wednesday's" nail look although I don't think I will regularly post pink manicure's on that day. It just so happens to fit. We'll see what happens. :)

Thanks for reading.

10 comments:

  1. i like the colors you chose - i have yet to do a gradient.. but im hoping to soooon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! You did an awesome job with the zebra stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great, I was actually thinking of attempting a gradient mani as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love it over the gradient mani! I've been meaning to try doing a gradient mani, shall definitely give it a try this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous, I wish I could do this!
    I love your blog, I am definitely following xx

    Katelyn xo

    http://crosswiredreamers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOOO cute ! I love the gradient & the colors you used :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the gradient, and the zebra stripes makes it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are all so sweet! Thank you for the lovely comments. For all those who want to try this - DO IT! It is so easy and if you happen to make a mistake, add some of those zebra prints and *POOF* they're gone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!