Home

Thursday, June 9, 2011

OPI 'Who The Shrek Are You?' and a Glitterbomb

I am a fan of polish colours that some people may consider to be 'ugly'. Muddy browns, murky greens, strange oranges ... yeah, I dig them. Sometimes I get sick of the generic pink mani and want something really unique and eyebrow-raising. I love when people look at my nails and go "They're polished really nice, but the colour..." because I know I've found something that they probably haven't seen before. I'm always on the hunt for different polishes! With that in mind, today I am showing you a polish that I have been wanting since I first started seriously collecting/growing my polish collection (back in March): OPI's "Who The Shrek Are You?". 

Base colour OPI "Who The Shrek Are You?"
It's uneven in some places and the light was highly unforgiving.

Gorgeous colour. I'm in love.

Ring finger: Wet'n'Wild "The Wonder Yellows" as base colour
Sinful Colors "Call You Later"
Sally Girl mini polish - no name. Gold hex glitter & small round glitter in clear base.
As you can tell, this mani started out with all 10 fingers being 'Who The Shrek Are you?' however I tried to add something fun to my accent nails (ring fingers) and it didn't turn out the way I wanted. My initial solution was to remove the polish on those fingers and re-polish with the OPI but then I saw 'The Wonder Yellows' and voila! The final result. I applied this mani Tuesday night and I'm still wearing it. Almost 48 hours! That is almost unheard of for me now. Needless to say, I LOVE THIS! Very different and right up my alley.

What do you think - Who The Shrek Are You? - rock it or toss it?

Thanks for reading.

15 comments:

  1. I like your accent nail a lot ! & I have who the shrek are you , I have this polish & it's so low because I've used it so much .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock it! I love this manicure and the accent nails. I love colors like these, but I can't pull them off as nicely as some others sadly :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan of those sorts of colors as well. Rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore so-called ugly colours! Love them! Shrek is definitively one of my favourites ever. I need to put in on my nails again, it's been a while! Love the accent finger too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah, that's an awesome green. I bought this polish for my best friend as part of her birthday present. She'll really like this! It's her favorite shade of green :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. who and where are those people that don't love this color? of course i have it and i love it. beautiful mani...

    ReplyDelete
  7. opi looks great but the accent nail is ...wow, amazing :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute, love the glitter nail!

    And hello fellow Canuck :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool color, I like this type of green.. The glitter nail is really cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. u've got such a lovely and unique blog sweets.
    happy blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I'm in love too!!! Want want want!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the color - so fun! Bright and perfect for summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love so-called ugly colors too! I'm liking the accent nail, and I think it would make a fabulous full mani as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!