Home

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Layering: OPI Mermaid's Tears & L.A Girls Crowd Surfing

Hey! First off, was anyone besides me having a RIDICULOUS amount of trouble trying to upload photo's to your blog this morning/afternoon? I tried everything to get them to be visible. I started a Flikr account and tried to upload them via URL and then I opened a Picasa account. The latter strategy finally worked but I'm wondering if I'm just stunned or if this is happening to you as well.

Anyway, I was going to post a photo of one of my nail swatch wheels however, because there is no sunshine, it was next-to-impossible to make the photo colour accurate. Never fear - I always have a few manicures saved in my "Nail" file on my computer. ;)

I have only posted one of the new Pirates of the Carribean collection by OPI here (Silver Shatter) so I figured this might be a good time to show you another one that I own. I only purchased 2 from this collection (Mermaid's Tears and Stranger Tides) and received the aforementioned Silver Shatter as a gift from my mother-in-law. Also, I have been playing around with lots of different looks lately: animal prints, comic-inspired nail art, etc. One thing that I really like is layering polishes to create something unique. At first it was just a simple, clear glitter polish, however today I bring you some flakie goodness combined with the beautiful Mermaid's Tears. Enjoy!

2 coats of OPI "Mermaid's Tears"
1 coat of L.A. Girl "Crowd Surfing"
Please ignore the black polish on my middle finger.
I was swatching on my nail wheels... need I say more?

Look at that gorgeous shimmer. *swoon*
Enlarge the photo's to see what I'm talking about.
You won't be disappointed.
My thumb looks really strange here. That isn't even how it's shaped... clearly I'm a pro photographer, riiiight. Anyway, ignoring the strange thumb, look at those flakies! They go from coral to lime green and I am IN LOVE.

My passion is nail polish. My second passion is getting an awesome polish at a fantastic price. This sweet baby (L.A Girl "Crowd Surfing") was mine for only $2.39 on sale. That's right, a flakie polish for under $3 bucks! Even my JOE "Twilight" cost me 4 dollars. Anyway, I apologize for not getting a plain swatch of Mermaid's tears but I hope you'll forgive me considering I have shown you a beautiful flakie polish. :)

Thanks for reading.

7 comments:

  1. I love the flakies and the base polish is so cute !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that color! I haven't been able to find a flakie polish yet, but I am determined..I love the look and effect of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a totally awesome layering mani you did! :) Following you back =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with your nails here. And youre right, zoomed in its even more fabulous. I recently did the black and white zebra stripes on my nails. Polish is one of my favorite loves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for commenting on my blog :)

    I love OPI Mermaid Tears! And this is a really awesome combo~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!