Home

Friday, June 17, 2011

Revlon 3-Pack: Waterfall & Liebster Blog Award

Good afternoon. I got some exciting news today when I logged on to my blog: love4lacquer nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award! I'm so honoured. I'm loving my blog immensely and it's nice to be recognized for doing something you truly love, so thank you very much! (Manicure below the award stuff.)
The Liebster Blog Award!
What this award is for.
To follow suit, I would like to nominate the following blogs (in alphabetical order) for the Liebster Award:

Groupie Glam - Summer and Alexis are the authors of this blog and one of the first blogs I came across. They always have such fun and interesting posts and I love reading what they come up with! 

Living While Loving - Janelle is the author of this blog and always has tons of looks to share. I love her honest opinions on polishes and to-the-point posts. 

Polish and Charms - I love this blog! She shows us her manicures and jewlery that she creates. She has a real eye for creating beautiful pieces. 

These are the blogs that I feel need some more love so why don't you check them out? Love you ladies, keep on polishin'!

Today I wanted to review the new Revlon kit I picked up at Wal-Mart for $4.99. This kit comes with 3 bottles of polish. Each bottle is 7.5ml's which, in my opinion, is great for a "mini". Another thing I want to point out is that the handle is a great size for a mini polish. I felt like I had control over what I was doing more so than other mini's I have used. (ie: Sally Girl, OPI and Essence.) 

This afternoon I will be starting with Waterfall. Let's check it out.
From left to right: Waterfall, Sparkle, Garden.
Waterfall, 3 coats with topcoat.
Please excuse the shadows from my window screen.

This polish has a beautiful colour but it was a pain application-wise. The first 2 coats still had issues with streaking so I added a third to help even everything out. It kind of looks lumpy on a couple fingers; the polish gets a little gloopy. (Is that a word?) I had a couple bubbles come up but nothing too serious. It is a creme finish but with micro-silver glass flecks. I'm not sure if you can see it in the photo's but when I was on the way to the grocery store this polish caught the light in the most perfect way and it looked like diamond shards sparkling up at me. Wow.

Overall, I would say that if you have the patience and time to apply this polish, definitely go for it. The colour is beautiful (I'm a sucker for anything blue) and the micro glass fleck is stunning in the sun. Also, I used Nail Life Gripper base coat and Nail Life Speed Demon top coat.

If I had to grade this polish I would give it a solid 83%. (See below for how I came up with that, haha.)
Application: 6.5
Colour: 9
Finish: 9.5
= 25/30
Tomorrow I will review Sparkle so stay tuned!

Have you purchased this kit - what do you think of it?

Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award!!! The polish is such a great color but if it gets gloopy I'm sure it would be great if we could find a dupe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm annoyed that this set are pretty much repromotes of existing polishes. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again! I so appreciate it! I love the blue in that set...I keep seeing at the store, but haven't purchased it yet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your award sweetie... Those Revlon colors look cute... great for summer!!! IDK if i want to struggle with the application, I already have a hard time with the easy polishes LOL :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. omgsh! thank you SO much!

    I started to buy that revlon 3 pack and even carried it around the store with me! but at the last minute i put it back.. no i wish i had bought it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a second award from me! I love your blog so you have a top 10 award on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poetic Realist, Polish and Charms & Summer - You are very welcome, thank you for creating such awesome posts!

    thenailaholic - Thank you! I agree, but thankfully for me I don't own the dupes so this set works for me.

    Polish AMOR - Thanks! :) I found it to be a pain but I could deal - the colour and finish was worth the effort. (As long as you have sunshine!)

    Varnish Me Up - You are too kind! I will post about it tomorrow, thank you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!