Home

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Simple Pleasures Swatches & Thank You!

To start, I owe you all a huge ... THANK YOU! ... for helping me reach 200+ followers (203 to be exact). I'm so thankful for each and every reader, I get so excited by every comment, email and new follower I receive - it's like Christmas for me! Never hesitate to ask any questions or make a suggestion, I would love to hear from you. :)

In my last post I asked if you would rather see the second Revlon 3-pack polish kit or my Simple Pleasures kit from my Haul last week. A lovely follower and blogger, thenailaholic, requested the Simple Pleasures pack and so that is what I have prepared for you today. (There was a lot of swatching this afternoon!)

The polishes included in the pack; un-named. They are swatched from L-R.
ACK, bare nails! This is two coats of the glitter polish. Clear base with small
silver glitter, 2 coats. (I would use this as a layering glitter polish.)
Beautiful orange/cantelope creme - 2 coats.
The VNL that you see in these photo's was not visible IRL.
I tried adjusting the colour for this polish however I couldn't get it spot on.
It is more of a cherry red (creme) than what it is showing here, 2 coats.
This photographed perfect - lovely medium pink creme, 2 coats.
This reminds me of Color Club Pucci-licious which I wore the other day.
This photographed more blue and brighter than it really is,
it is more of a muted medium true purple creme, 2 coats.
Slightly less bright than this photo, but perfect otherwise. I will try to get a
nice daylight shot of this and post it as an update. My favourite from this
pack. Medium cobalt creme, 2 coats.
This polish reminds me of L.A Colors Atomic. I'll have to do a comparison soon.
Medium teal creme, 2 coats.
I have to admit, I didn't have high expectations for these Simple Pleasures polishes, but I have to say I was blown away. I applied 2 coats for each of these polishes with no top coat to showcase the finish. The VNL was not visible IRL (macro shows everything...). They all dried quite shiny with the 2 coats, I was impressed. One thing I will say is that they have a very strange smell, not quite toxic but ... strange. Not sure how to describe it. Maybe, plastic-esque? Haha. Application was a dream.

Application: 10 - Perfect
Colour Range: 9 - Everyone will find something they like, but nothing highly unique.
Finish: 10 - Nice and shiny!
= 29/30

For $5.99 I will definitely pick up another Simple Pleasures kit if I ever find one at Winners again. If you have seen this pack and passed it by, I would recommend trying to find it, especially if you are trying to grow your collection on a budget.

I loved the blue shade so much that it is now my mani! Which is your favourite colour from the Simple Pleasures pack?

Thanks for reading!

15 comments:

  1. I didn't know you didn't have ANY swatches yet! Sorry! :)

    I think I've seen these at TJMaxx or something but I always go for the goldies instead. They are super pretty though! I'll have to keep my eye out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries at all, I had been wanting to swatch them anyway and then found my mani colour because of swatching so it was a win-win situation! :) I saw the Goldie polishes (2 different 3 packs) about a month ago at a Winners in another city but didn't buy them, now I'm kicking myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all gorgeous on your skin tone ! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. man that looks like a good deal
    i'll pick it up if i ever find it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't these amazing? I've got a few sets of these because of the great formula. How did you find the brush? The brushes on mine left much to be desired, so I decanted some into smaller bottles with better brushes. Thanks for your swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you girls!

    ABOP - I forgot to mention the brushes. A couple of them had a some bristles which were longer than the rest which was a bit of a pain but nothing that patience couldn't fix. I will just trim them and I think it will be fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love all the shades :P they look gorgeous (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, a new brand of polish, hello! :) I like the grean/teal one, but you're right, nothing too original. Still, nice colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that first blue color! I gave you a blogger award, check it out! http://girtasticglam.blogspot.com/2011/06/question-of-week-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really gorgeous and bold colors. I have nail polish envy right now. How long did it take you to get 350 polishes? Do you set a budget for yourself? And how do you keep from purchasing the same colors?

    I'm hosting a DIY Manicure party on August 12. Would love for you to link up and share your favorite mani.

    Miss Rockwell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!