Home

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Revlon Firefox & Stylish Blogger Award

Good afternoon. Today I'm wearing my Revlon Matte Suede polish in Firefox. You might have noticed that I'm not a big red polish wearer; I prefer blues, greens and purples. For some reason I always feel like there is a spotlight on my nails when I wear red and it makes me self-conscious. I could wear a glitterbomb or the brightest neon and not bat an eyelash, but for whatever reason, red gives me a slightly uncomfortable feeling. Maybe it's just me?
Revlon Firefox, 1 coat.
Revlon Firefox 2 coats (clear polish sandwiched in between the 2 layers.)
Firefox with Essie To Dry For Top Coat
I like the matte suede finish, but the shimmer that shows through when the topcoat is added is amazing. (Enlarge the photo's to see what I mean!) Lately, I have been having problems with my mani peeling off. Literally half of the polish would peel right off like an orange peel. As I said in the photo caption, I layered a clear polish (Color Club Vivid Top Coat) between the two layers of Firefox to hopefully help keep my mani in place.

To finish, Kassie from Unique-Desire nominated me with the Stylish Blogger Awrd. Thank you Kassie, you're so sweet! :)

The rules are:
1. Thank the person that gave you the award and link back to them
2. Post 7 things about yourself
3. Pass the love to 15 bloggers
4. Let them know they received this award

Seven Things About Myself
1. I’m a very friendly person, I love getting to know people.
2. I bit my nails from ages 2-20 and now think it’s a disgusting habit.
3. I owned approximately 15 polishes before March 2011 and now own 359!
4. I spend about 2 hours a day on my blog. (Polishing, photographing, uploading, writing, replying to comments/emails.)
5. I have never been outside of Canada.
6. I was married 9 days before my 21st birthday.
7. Calla lilies and tulips are my favourite flowers.

Fifteen Bloggers

Have a great Tuesday! Thanks for reading. :)

11 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about reds! I never feel like it's an appropriate time to wear them! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, dear, for the award! I've already posted it on my blog, but I sure appreciate getting it! And my favourite flowers are also Calla lilies and tulips! :) Oh, and btw, your Who The Shrek Are You? post is the reason why I wore it yesterday again and i ADORED it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also don't wear red polish a lot, but sometimes it's nice to try different shades of it :)
    I really like the one you used, and I absolutely prefer it with top coat! The shimmer is beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so good with topcoat! I skipped this because I felt like I had too many reds already (I, too, rarely wear them) but now I'm rethinking that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i also am red-shy! hahaha
    thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with the wearing red thing. It just feels so intense. I really like the way it looks but they make me so self conscious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that there are others who are (as Rebecca called it) "red-shy", I thought I might be alone in that.

    KarenD, I've seen Firefox in the core Revlon collection at a couple locations, so it's probably still available where you live. ;) The shimmer is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you know if Revlon makes this color in a gloss? I'm looking for something with a polish - without having to add a top coat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very late THANK YOU :) So sorry for the late response but once again, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!