Home

Thursday, February 9, 2012

2012 Challenge: Half Moon Mani

I'll be honest, I really didn't want to post this but I haven't had the opportunity to try this challenge out again so it will have to do.

Sally Hansen Limestone
 3 coats - no topcoat

I started with a base of Limestone which is a bright lime green crème with yellow undertones. Application was good, 3 coats to be opaque.  I took those circle reinforcements and attached them to my nail as a guide for the half moon shape ... it wasn't successful. I ended up taking a striping polish and touching it up, which wasn't all that successful either.

Maybelline Onyx Rush
Maybelline Onyx Rush, 1 coat - no topcoat


Onyx Rush was watery and applied unevenly which you can see from my photo's. (I'll be sticking with my trusty Wet'n'Wild Black Crème as my fail-proof black polish, thank you very much.) I'm not sure that even Seche Vite could have helped this. *big sigh* You can't win them all.

12 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job with these, even if the polish was hard to work with. These remind me of olives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Half moons are harder than they look! That green is ah-mazing!! I've never seen those bottles though, where'd you pick those up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melissa and Let's Polish Some Nails!

    Julie, I got them at Wal-Mart, June 2011. I haven't seen them since then. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had problems with those circle things too! Yours turned out better than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that green looks stunning on you ..... Too bad the black didn't work well boooo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love WnW Black Creme, too! Though I'm hearing good things about the FingerPaints black, so I might try that--always good to have a Plan B. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just freehanded my half-moons, and then I outlined the curve with a striper to make it look all nice and neat. I found that worked pretty well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. turned out great! Ugh I haven't even started the 2012 nail challenge...fail :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh hey, someone else doing this Year-Long Challenge! :) I still have some catching up to do, cause I just found it.
    Love the color combo here. I don't know what it is but half moons will be the death of me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!