Home

Friday, February 3, 2012

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Silver Sweep & OPI Black Shatter

Who is completely over the whole crackle/shatter/fracture polish craze? I have a confession to make. I never caught the fever, so to speak. I think it was just the whole overload of it in the blogosphere that made me back up and not even want to try. Well, that's a lie, I did do a post on my Turquoise Shatter from OPI last summer, but I only wore that mani for a day or so and then never touched my crackle/shatter/polishes again.

Today I have what I consider to be the original/traditional crackle mani. Silver and black.

Silver Sweep, 2 coats - no topcoat

Silver Sweep has good application, a little streaky but I don't mind because I usually use this as layering polish. One thing that bothers me about the Insta Dri line is that the brush is huge and the bottle opening is tiny. It doesn't make any sense to me. *shrugs*

With Seche Vite, 1 coat

Left hand shots ... and now for something absolutely comical ...


I swear my pinky doesn't look like this IRL, I was holding 
the bottle tightly with, apparently, my pinky. ;)

Hahaha. Welcome to the my pathetic attempts at photographing my right hand. Look at my pinky, all squished and looking really odd. *chuckles* So, so bad. I had to share, we all could use a good laugh now and then, no?

Black Shatter applied nicely, no complaints. Average, I would say, though I really did like this mani. Very quick and simple, yet it earned many compliments from co-workers and customers. I was pleased.

Be sure to stick around; I'll be posting a "non-traditional" crackle mani in the next couple days. ;)

8 comments:

  1. I haven't worn any of my crackle polishes either! So I guess I never caught the fever either. This is a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I jumped on the crackle bandwagon. I did not like it in the beginning either. I love this combination! Simple and very nice. I don't have either of these, but I do have similar polishes that I definitely want to layer like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally Hansen has her proportions all off, I absolutely hate her brushes. They're so square and chunky, gross!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never really caught the craze either, though I do think the look can be fun with bright colors underneath. To be honest, I'm not really into the whole magnetic thing for the same reason. I have a navy and black shatter/crackle. I do like this combination. I might have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol the pictures you took of your right hand aren't so bad! Mine never make it to my blog because they turn out bad...unless I use a tripod haha. I got tired of the crackle craze, but I do like it in some situations. I like how you did the original :) I think black and silver shatter are my faves of the crackles. I can't wait to see your up coming crackle post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never got into the shatter polished either. Hopefully your upcoming unique mani will change my mind! - J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura, AGREED.
    Traci, you're sweet. I still think they're comical. :)

    J, thanks so much for commenting! I finally figured out who "J" is. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!