Home

Friday, February 10, 2012

Layering: China Glaze Holly-day & OPI Fresh Frog of Bel Air

I just realized how close Valentine's Day is and how I haven't posted any Valentine's themed mani's yet. I'm not extremely creative and cannot for the life of me do any type of freehand (hearts are beyond my talent level, even when using a dotting tool) so the ones I have done have been "dotticures" or dotted manicures. I'll share them starting on Monday.

Onto the swatches.

China Glaze Holly-day
2 coats, no topcoat

Holly-day is a perfect medium green crème, two coats to be opaque. This levelled pretty well for me and application was like warm butter. I love it and have nothing quite like this in my collection. I feel like it is the right combination of everything I like in a green: it's deep but still very obviously green and might very well be my favourite green crème polish!

OPI Fresh Frog of Bel Air
2 coats layered over Holly-day, no topcoat

Mmm, so pretty. 

Fresh Frog of Bel Air is the only one I picked up from the Muppets collection. Honestly, half the reason was because I have very few green glitter polishes and the other half is because I'm in love with the show Fresh Prince of Bel Air. 

This polish consists of green round micro glitter and medium silver hexagon glitter. I layered two coats over Holly-day and think that the two are perfect together. Application was good, no complaints. I wish there was a little more silver hex glitter on the nail but I'm still happy with how this turned out.

What polishes did you get from the OPI Muppets Collection? 

14 comments:

  1. I love these two together, this is gorgeous. I got Meep-Meep-Meep, Animal-istic, Rainbow Connection, Gone Gonzo, and Gettin' Miss Piggy With It. Wow... I didn't know I had gotten that many, lol. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful colors! I don't have any from the Muppets collection...I love the glitters in Fresh Frog of Bel Air and I love the name haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I just bought Holly-Day only because it was clearanced at $0.99. lol It looks great on you and the green glitter overtop looks AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always do such great layerings, and this is no exception! Love it, even if I'm not really a green fan :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I like it! Both fit very well together. I think that is a really elegant mix. Great job!! :D Lot of kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ack...now I need to add Holly-Day to my wishlist! Fresh Frog is already on it. I was so excited about the Muppets collex! Big fan (my ringtone has been Mahna-Mahna for YEARS)! But I asked for them for Christmas and only got 4 (Warm and Fozzie, Designer De-better, Wocka Wocka, and Excuse Moi). Then I found Divine Swine on clearance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning, a great combination, I bought the holly day polish too but haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :O...i LOOOOOOVE this green. its superb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous combo! Sometime's the most obvious pairs are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Its the perfect green! Btw, I tagged in the 11 questions! check it out!

    -Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is really gorgeous! I love it so much:]

    ReplyDelete
  12. My engagement ring is an emerald flanked by two diamonds in a platinum setting- after seeing this post I had to get these colours- already ordered on eBay. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!