Home

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Revlon Whimsical

Today I have another mani that I'm really excited to share with you. I found Revlon Whimsical at my local Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago and immediately snatched one up. I was very surprised (and pleased) to find this so soon in Canada. My friend Laura from Laura's Lacquers (go check her out, I love her!) couldn't find it near her in the US and I've been reading that a lot of people are having troubles finding it as well. Needless to say, I'm quite the happy lady.

I looked through my collection trying to find the perfect base colour to layer Whimsical over. I didn't want to choose a bright baby blue because the base of Whimsical is much more greyed out and muted - that being said I think I found the perfect "underwear" for layering ... enter Sheer Disguise from Color Club.

Sheer Disguise is from Color Club's Alter Ego: Reveal Your Mystery collection that was released Spring 2011. I really need to showcase more of my Color Club's because it dominates my collection: I have 80 Color Club nail polishes in my collection! 

Sheer Disguise, 3 coats - no topcoat


*dreamy sigh* If you didn't know already, I love me some light blue polish. I can't quite describe how much I love all shades of light blue ... it's gotta be my love of the sky and the multitudes of shades it can be that correlates to my love of light blue polish. Annnyways ...

Sheer Disguise is a gorgeous dusty light blue crème polish. As you can see from the above photo's it didn't self level as well as I would have hoped and I think that is mostly due to user error. (Also read: slight impatience ... who can blame me, I was antsy to use Whimsical!) It also has to do with the fact I didn't add a topcoat because of the layering that was about to happen ...



I honestly forget if I used one or two coats of Whimsical over top of Sheer Disguise. My mistake. 

I'm not quite sure what to say about this polish except that it's perfect in every way possible. A Deborah Lippman dupe at less than a quarter of the cost. YES. PLEASE. I love that when you apply this polish it isn't an immediate glitter bomb; it allows the user to control how much "bling" is applied and I appreciate that about  Whimsical. 

Delicate and soft looking. Flawless. Can we also pay attention to the amazing match of Sheer Disguise to Whimiscal? Yeah. *smug smirk* Haha ... now I feel bad for being the slightest bit cocky. Forgive me? ;)

You need Whimsical in your life. Seriously. That is all.

8 comments:

  1. This is my favorite polish!!!! I tried it over a gray as well. I think it's such a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layering! I'm still on the search for Whimsical, but no such luck in finding it yet. I may have to check out Walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shoooout out! And I love Whimsical over grey... I'm already dreaming up a million combinations for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Color Club polish-really need to get some more! It's such a nice brand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I love this layering! You make me want to buy this Revlon polish even more!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I like this color! I neeed to go pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg I love this. They look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh this is lovely! Whimsical will definitely be added to my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!