Home

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Lots of Layering featuring Barielle, China Glaze & OPI

I was so excited to tell you all about the polishes (below the pictures) that I nearly forgot to write an intro, haha. Uhhh, let's just look at the nails, okay? I'm too excited to share this with you to chat anymore ... ;)

China Glaze in Ruby Deer, 2 coats - no top coat
Barielle Elle's Spell, 2 coats over top of Ruby Deer


OPI Heart of Gold, 2 coats over Elle's Spell & Ruby Deer


Ruby Deer, could you be any more perfect? Two coats needed for flawless red goodness. Application was smooth and dreamy. High shine finish with no topcoat.

Elle's Spell, wow. This is my favourite (and only) red flakie polish and looked great over Ruby Deer. I didn't want to waste it by trying to build it up to opacity on its own. No complaints in regards to application, it was great.

Heart of Gold, where have you been all my life? I didn't pick up As Gold As It Gets from Essie's new Luxeeffects collection but I'm not sure I need it when I own the beauty that is Heart of Gold. (Okay, who am I kidding, a mini-flakie? Yes, I need you. Please don't be offended by my "you're not needed comment" ;) Haha.) Anyway, Heart of Gold is a beautiful gold shimmer polish in a pale, sheer gold base. It is meant as a layering polish and layer, I did! Wow.

All in all, this has awesome full-mani potential. Sadly, I only did the 4 nails you see pictured and was very nearly heart broken to have to remove it. Oh well, I'm sure I will do this again, it was that good. Mr.Polish considers it "magnificent" and that's sayin' something, folks!

What polishes have you layered recently?

16 comments:

  1. Oooh they are beautiful! Elle's Spell is super awesome. Thanks for stopping by my blog, it's great to see a fellow Canadian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors. The little gold speckles make it extra pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is crazy gorgeous. and YES you need as gold as it gets;] I'm being an enabler, but it's really pretty, so yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nails are HOLY-COW-AWESOME! :] I looooooove how polished and shiny it looks! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful!!!! i looove playing arnd & layering polishes. never know what gorgeous look u might come up w randomly ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh pretty! I love your layering! I need to experiment with layering...

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, this mani is stunning! :D Yesterday I painted my nails with a red polish and I was wondering how to pimp it up. Now I know the answer: I need a red flakie!! Thanks for sharing this beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really great Combo!
    elle's spell is gorgeous and so are your nails!
    haha, i did almost the same Mani with essie luxeffects :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is such a super blog! I love the black contrast in the background and then those bright photographs. Skipping through the pages I can't decide which one is best as they all look so great! I just started a blog- do drop by sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ladies, you sure do know how to make a gal feel good. Thank you for the lovely comments! I'll be sure to do more layering in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks beautiful. I actually just got Elle's Spell a couple weeks ago from Winners and right after I bought it I kinda though "ugh" this doesn't look as good as I had initially thought and had mild buyers remorse. But now I keep looking at you picture and I'm glad I bought it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful layering combo!! I just got Elle's Spell from an awesome blogger friend and I'm so excited. It's such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!