Home

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Layering: Essie Made To Honor & Sally Hansen Glass Slipper

Evenin'! I've been into layering lately and I wanted to try out my new Sally Hansen flakie polish Glass Slipper. I was going for a soft, feminine mani and I think I achieved that. Check it out. :)

Essie Made To Honor
3 coats, no top coat

Made To Honor is a beautiful sheer pale pink jelly. Application was easy. I usually really dislike wearing polishes as sheer as this this one is absolutely beautiful. My nails were slightly stained and Made To Honor covers that and blurs the imperfections on my nails. Love this.

Sally Hansen Glass Slipper
2 coats layered over Made To Honor
1 coat Seche Vite

Glass Slipper is a semi-opaque silvery white flakie polish that is meant for layering. I loved this combination. The flakies applied nice and evenly across the nail. I added a second coat for extra sparkle and shine. 

One note. Lately I have had the issue of my Seche shrinking away from the cuticle line which you can see if you enlarge either of the last two pictures. Very frustrating! It doesn't affect the free edge of my nail, just near the cuticle, and only sometimes ... does anyone have this problem too?

I think this would be a beautiful, understated Valentine's Day mani. What do you think?

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I still don't have Glass Slipper and cannot fathom why... huh. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made to Honor is gorgeous! I love some of Essie's sheer polishes like this. I was choosing between this one and Better Together. I might have to pick up Made to Honor too :) I also love Glass Slipper! Such a pretty flakie!! As for the shrinking, I was having that problem with a Sally Hansen top coat I was using...haven't had that problem with Seche yet...My bottle is getting a little thick though now, but hopefully I can finish it before it gets too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. I love how soft and dreamy it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!! Both polishes are lovely, and look so pretty together! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty!! I haven't had any shrinking at the cuticle with SV, just at the tip. Honestly, I don't know of anything that helps with it. Hope you're able to find out though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!