Home

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sally Hansen Sonic Bloom Gets Fractured

A couple days ago I promised you a non-traditional (ie: not black and silver) shatter/crackle/fractured mani. Today is the day I will show you exactly what I mean. 

I started off with a base of Sally Hansen Sonic Bloom.

Sonic Bloom, 3 coats with 1 coat Seche Vite


I have to say, Sally Hansen Sonic Bloom did not photograph very well. It is a very vivid, bright coral-red creme polish; what you see is a a more muted coral but know that it really is more red and brighter IRL.

Absolutely delightful to wear but horrendous to photograph. Easy application. As with all the Insta Dri polishes, as well as the Complete Salon Manicure line by Sally Hansen, the brush is large and flat. It takes some getting used to and I wouldn't recommend it for those with tiny fingers.

I wore Sonic Bloom for a full day last week and after work that day Mr.Polish and I stopped off at a Winner's we don't usually frequent and saw a Color Club Fractured display. *happy dance* I grabbed only one, "The Great Divide", and knew I was going to layer it over Sonic Bloom when I got home...

The Great Divide with 1 coat of Seche Vite on top

Ouu, pretty shimmer! The Great Divide is a gorgeous deep blue teal with a strong golden shimmer throughout. I haven't seen a shatter/crackle/fractured polish like this IRL so it completely blew me away. This layering combination is very different than what I've seen around and it really reminds me of lava, even though it's not red and black. Is that weird or do you see what I mean?

I'm strangely attracted to how different this is. And now, for a couple more "comical" right hand pictures ... and before you say anything, I have no idea why the left side of the photo's are so over-exposed. I tried to lower the brightness but then it made my hand/nails too dark to see properly. Just go with it. ;)



PS: I picked up a special little polish for my future 500 follower give-away. I like to be prepared and this little beauty was the last one I could find, ANYWHERE. ;)

8 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I have picked up and put down Sonic Bloom many a trip to the drugstore, it's so pretty. And I love this crackle! Unfortunately I don't find Color Club anywhere except Ross which is rather hit or miss... but I'll have to go search for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! They look great together! I need to get my hands on some of the color club crackles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Sonic Bloom! So pretty, and such great formula! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The base is such a gorgeous color. I like the crackle effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome crackle! It's much different from what I've seen before and it looks great over Sonic Bloom!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!