Home

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Lots of Layering featuring China Glaze, OPI & WetnWild

Layering is one of my favourite things to do with polish. I love creating different combinations and seeing the result. Today I have one that I really love and hope you will too!

China Glaze Frosty
1 thick coat, just to see what it looks like on its own

Frosty was released with the China Glaze 'Tis The Season To Be Naughty or Nice 2010 holiday collection. I wish I could have found a backup bottle however there was only one left when I found the collection in April 2011 at a hair salon, marked down to $3.99 a bottle. (Needless to say, the entire 16 piece collection made its way into my home over a period of 10 months; I searched everywhere to complete the collection and thankfully didn't have to resort to online ordering, I dusty hunted. ;) Haha.)

Look at all the layering!


The above two pictures consist of Wet'n'Wild French White Crème (2 coats) with 2 coats of Frosty layered on top.




I added 2 coats of OPI I Juggle ... Men (a pink and blue shimmering, layering-only polish, you will never reach opacity with this on its own) on top of French White Crème and Frosty. I think the result is very pretty although it was much nicer IRL. I wish it would translate better on camera, alas it does not. You'll have to take my word  for it, or, if you have the polishes, try it out yourself! (If you do, I would LOVE to see!!)

Side thought: Do you have a "go to" black and white polish that you use for layering? I do ... somewhat. My black go-to is Black Crème by Wet'n'Wild. It. Is. Perfection. I figured that if W'n'W can nail a basic black that they could nail a basic white as well. I'm kinda 'meh' about French White Crème. It doesn't apply as evenly nor as opaque in one coat as Black Crème. Ah well. It did the trick, I guess. 

Although the finished look is a little thicker than I would like, I guess that's to be expected of 6 coats of polish. Quick note, I didn't use any topcoat for the photo's. 

What do you think of this layering? Does it remind you of the glimmer and shimmer you see on freshly fallen snow? That's what it reminds me of. :)

9 comments:

  1. I love WnW Black Creme too, it's amazing. I really like SHID Whirlwind White, it's opaque enough in one coat even though I hate SH's brush, but you win some, you lose some. This is very pretty! Shimmery whites are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it!!! I use Sally Hansen Xtremewear white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds ridiculously pretty! I love layering shimmers/glitters :D
    as for a got to white, I love Sally Hansen insta-dri in whirlwind white. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it ! and yes it looks just like snow ! I'm still searching for my perfect black and white, unfortunately we don't get WnW in the uk, I would have loved to try the black !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh this is lovely! Definitely like snow :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. How elegant! I love the shimmer effect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!